How much are you spending on your kids for Xmas, and how old are they?

All total we're spending 1100.00.. I have gone back and added up everything, and it just doesn't seem like much... We have 3 boys, they will each get something special, and then the rest are just little things, like video games, board games, legos, etc... The big things are a bike (8yr old) Ipod (7yr old) and a digital camera for our 14 yr old. It's so hard to buy for them, and try to get something they each wanted... Does 1100 sound like too much? I don't know how to get around it. We don't buy for them except for Christmas, and birthdays, so everything they get will be really cool to them because they've been asking for it for a while.. What do you think ladies? Thanks for the input!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Holidays

• 17 year old boy; 10 year old girl. Spent about $1,300 total; don't normally spend that much on them but that includes a new laptop for them to share. I don't think it's too much. They've each been buying their own stuff (toys, gadgets, electronics, etc.) since they were 5 (DS even bought his own car last year) and we only ever buy for Xmas and birthdays. They are great kids (good students, not spoiled, no trouble) and we don't exchange gifts with the adults in the family so we can afford to splurge on them.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• thats not to bad seeing that I have one boy thats 4 and I spent about 400. that is my parents and sister included.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• For me in my situation, a videa game is a big thing. I am a single mom with a lot of kids and just can't afford much, and my kids have thankfully learned that it's not about how much you spend. Thet are truly grateful if I am able to spend $20 on them, always tsays thank you mom, some cry and all give great big hugs. I am knitting some gifts. Also, fot the oldest, their gifts are more practical.
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 6:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Under $100, she's 2.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 6:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• wow your kids are lucky that you can spemd that much. we have 5 children form 18 months to 12 years....2 mine, 2 my dhs and 1 together. but we can only spend 50$ on each of them.....roughly. so they only get 2 or 3 new gifts each this year and then i usually make things like necklaces and hair scrunchies. for the girls and my dss i have no idea what kind of things to make for him. but he does get things like the hommade playdough,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We only spend $100 and we have one boy who is 5. But the only reason we do not spend more is because he is the only grandchild so he is very spoiled by everyone else in our family.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I spend approximately $150 on each of my two kids, ages 2 and 4
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 8:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• we have 3 ages 2, 6 and 7...ALTHOUGH we disagree on the amt to spend we will spend close to $600 when its all said and done. Now the 2 yr old is getting just a few things. We are trying to cut back ourself but we only really buy them stuff for xmas and birthdays. He thinks we should spend no more than 300 for all 3....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2010