Should I worry?

I have been having cramping today, with no vaginal bleeding. On the 24th, I was diagnosed with bleeding behind the placenta after being seen in the ER for vaginal bleeding (which has stopped) and cramping. I am 10 weeks 3 days pregnant. I am wondering if I should be worried and contact the doctor, or if it is just "stretching" that I am feeling. The cramps are bearable, just annoying, and constant, and always there. I am feeling them all over my abdomen and in my lower back. My placenta is high and closest to my spine, and I am not having discomfort there.

So, worry and call OB, or just relax in bed?

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 6:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had someting similar and I was told to stay off my feet as much as possible for awhile, which I did, and now I am 3 1/2 months along and all is looking good so far with the baby (knock on wood). I am feeling physically a bit better, the bleeding has stopped and the mild cramping I feel now the doc says is everything stretching. You should still call your doc, though, if you are concerned--thats what they are there for, dont feel like you are being a hypochondriac, they deal with all kinds of questions every day and rather you call with concerns than not call and have something wrong. Good Luck, wishing you the best!
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• If there's any doubt, it's always best to call your Dr. He/she will ask appropriate questions and possibly be able to ease your mind with 1 phone call. They'll tell you what you should watch for, or if they think there may be a problem, have you come in to be checked. Wishing you well...
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 6:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

cmlkb

cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 6:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

cmlkb

cmlkb

cmlkb

cmlkb

cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 7:06 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 7:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2010