Has anyone experienced any stomach/side pains on the left side?

I am 13 weeks and 5 days today. There are some nights and days that I have these really sharp pains above my stomach, like by my ribs, that hurt so bad that I want to cry. Some people say it is because I am constipated (but I've "pooped" a little bit last Monday and Wednesday. But I haven't had a stool movement since then. I didn't have any pains last night believe it or not, but I drank a glass of metamucil and it gave me really bad gas. Any ideas?

Landonsmom33108

Asked by Landonsmom33108 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had such bad constipation and gas build up one night that the pain was radiating to my back and arms. A home remedy that helps me is to mix 1 tsp of baking soda into 1 cup of water and drink it yes it will taste horrible but hey it makes me feel better. You should be having way more bowel movements atleast once a day I end up crapping 1-4 times a day
    Anonymous

• Thanks. I drank a cup of metamucil. Still no bowel movement. I had problems w/ bowel movements even before I got pregnant.
    Landonsmom33108

Comment by Landonsmom33108 (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2010