I feel trapped...

I love my son with all my heart. But I went to see an old friend last night and we had an amazing time. The kind of amazing fun I can only have every other weekend. And I just feel like I'm tied down by my son. I feel so bad for feeling like this. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• You are just tired and you need some time for yourself. Lets face it, being a mom is a hard job and it is a 24/7 job that does not stop. We all have days like this. If you are the only one taking care of him, then yes this is very hard. "HUGS"
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Being a parent changes eveything. Be thankful you can have these times every other weekend. Waiting will even make them more special. Things get easier over time and you will adjust to each stage of being a parent.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think that every single mom goes through this from time to time. I know I did. Just make sure you don't do anything that you will regret later. Your kiddo is still very young, and with time, will need you less and less, and you will be wishing for these days again.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 7:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• How old is your son? Do you have shared custody? Every mom needs time to herself, time for friends, but a minor is our responsibility, so we need to make sure that our wants aren't getting in the way of their needs. Thinking about what is truly a need for you as well as your child is important, and may help answer your question. Much of what we think someone needs is really a want. People will often use the "quality time vs quantity time to justify doing what they want. Quality time IS best, but if we don't give enough of it, it means little.
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 7:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• nothing wrong in feeling like that imo. that doesn't mean u dont love him, fact is u had alot more freedom before he came along. its very big of u to admit that. being a parent is not easy all of the time. alot of people feel that way but don't want to admit it even to themselves;in fear of being labeled a bad parent.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 7:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• it is hard to be mom and dad maybe you could get some time to yourself ask some if they could watch him for you
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 7:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 7:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 7:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 7:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2010