friends messy habbits!!!!!

every time one of my friends comes over to our house, she never cleans up after or kid or herself. im to the point where i dont even want them over. i had them over for my dd 2nd birthday party she never wiped the snot off of her kids face the whole time she was there. when her boyfriend would come in from outside he would do it but never her. even after asking her many many time to. she left her kid eat all over my house i had peanut in piles in my hallway, then found a chewed up pile beside my bed after i stepped in it!!!! the time before they were over her boyfriend i guess decided she needed a nap and put her in our bed with a handful of chips!!! when i went to nurse my newborn i found her in our bed with chips and covered in snot! im so sick of this she couldnt even take her plate out to the kitchen and throw it out at the party, i had to after she left. shes always making comments about how i dont let my kids have any fun or get dirty, my kids sure the hell arnt looking like hers! mine are always dressed nice have clean faces and burshed hair. even the toys her kid brings along are always dirty! she asked me once for a pair of old shoes of my daughters bc hers grew out of hers and she didnt have money for a new pair. but she had money to smoke, buy soda, and spend 1300 on new living room set and a new phone. really is it just me? my girls come first and if the need shoes i would surely go with out if i couldnt afford a 10 dollar pair of sneakers so they would have some warm shoes, now shes talking about having another baby!!!!..... im so annoyed how to i get her to one clean up after herself and her kid, and to act like an adult were not in highschool anymore!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• hmmmm well i was starting to think that her kids are just messy like any other kid and then was going to say you must be kind of too high mantaince BUT then at the end you kind of put things into prospective and told us how she cant afford her kids and wants another and THEN it seemed like she doesnt even try to be a good mother.

She just needs to be a better mother and no...i wouldnt invite her over anymore and if she wants to know..then tell her that you dont care for her habits and the mess that was never cleaned up, it was disrepectful to leave food in your bed. little things like forgetting to throw out a plate of food is fine but to leave food all over someone else's house is disgusting. i wouldnt get into her personal life though.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• im anything but high mantaince, i just cant stand food all over my house! my kids are messy i have a 2 year old who will put yogurt in her hair and all over her face. but i clean up after she makes a mess. and when we go over to her house i always clean up after my kid and make sure her hands and face are clean after she eats and my kid needs to eat at the table not all over the house or off the floor.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• the first thing to do is put down ground rules in your house. If she wont' step up with her kids, YOU do it. When they come over, and you see her kids leaving the room with food, you tell them it isn't allowed except for at the table (or designated eatting area for kids at the time). If you see snot, clean it off their faces..
    in most cases it shames the mother enough to step up.. if it doesn't, then I would stop inviting them over.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:24 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Habbits?
    Anonymous

• Cut ties!!!
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 11:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I am high maintainance, and I expect my home to be very neat and clean at all times, and i hve some frinds who are just down right nasty and dirty when it comes to thier homes, and they treat mine the same, but I ALWAYS confrot them about my ho and heirs, since that dirty environment is bad for their kids!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 28, 2010