To be or not to be an at home working mom?

hey ladies, is being a work at home mom true , like is it really good pay in that?

MS.AVON1

Asked by MS.AVON1 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• I started my own business and love it!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I'm a work at home mom, but I have an actual employer, I telecommute...not sure about all the "work at home" deals out there....but I will say this....its not easy. I'm a SAHM AND a working mom AT THE SAME TIME. Each side thinks they have it so tough, try doing BOTH! LOL. Seriously, it is hard work.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:57 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• hey 405mom how did u start you own business?
    MS.AVON1

Comment by MS.AVON1 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I do work from home, I run a web design service and several sites and I am currently writing a book (the publisher contacted me from one of my sites). I also homeschool our kids and tutor another and do all of the household duties as well. I'm not making much of anything right now from the book because I'm writing it, the web design service and the stuff I sell on my sites pay for extra fun stuff, but hubby takes care of all of the bills and expenses with his income.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• You'll never regret spending time with your kids.
    www.welovejuiceplus.com
    I work about 2 hours a day and love the fact I'm available when my family needs me. My life, my way.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 10:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It is nice calling your own shots. But it does take self discipline and focus working your way up to reaching the goals you set for yourself. It can be very exciting when you get there. It can also be very discouraging when you don't reach them or you give up. You can make unlimited amounts of money with the right business. The rewards that have come with being home raising my children, and growing with together a team is just as if not more rewarding than money. It depends on you and your motivation how much money you can make.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 2:18 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I think if you REALLY want to be successful working from home you need to either start your OWN business or have a flexible telecommuting job!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It depends on the job/business. I seriously do not recommend a multi-level marketing business...the statistical data on most of those in terms of income, is not good. If you think one of them would be fun, go for it, but as far as money is concerned, I recommend you find what you're good at or what you like to do and start your own business from scratch as a freelancer. Almost every career is going virtual in some way, and if it hasn't, find a way to make it! I've been researching work at home opportunities for four years and have researched ten billion opportunities and ideas out of curiosity and because I was looking for my own "perfect idea." I've now been working at home for two and a half years. How I got started is really too much to type here, so feel free to send me a private message and we can chat. If not, good luck to you! I think working at home is a great solution for moms. :-)
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My husband and I own our own homebased business. The rewards are great but so are the challenges. You work harder and longer for yourself than you ever will for any employer.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2010