should you really work during your first pregnancy?

i am 18 and really just out of high school. i moved to philly like four months ago and a month later found out that i was pregnant with my first child. i've been going to this program every day sense the begining of october were they will either put me into training for a career or make me get a job. i am going to go to training but in the mean time they want me to fine a job. so should i work and go to training, or should i just go to training?

OneHappyMother

Asked by OneHappyMother at 12:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Money & Work

• There's no harm in working as long as your job isn't too physically or mentally stressful. Just know when to say enough is enough.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• There is no problem working during a pregnancy as long as there is no high risks needs like high blood pressure etc. And as long as it is not too physical (lifting 50lbs etc.). It doesnt matter if its your first or your 20th pregnancy either. I worked up until 12days before I had my son waitressing and had no problems whatsoever and many many do.
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No harm in working
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• do whatever is best for long term
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I worked until the day before my son was born. I was on my feet all day and lifting boxes of coins (I was a teller operations manager). I LOVED my job. GOOD LUCK!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 2:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• my doctor told me that it was healthier for a woman to work during pregnancy uless of course there is any strenious activity, in the long run it helped speed my pregnancy along.
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I did the same thing with my pregnancy worked till the day I popped. I was a teller lifting boxes of coins on my feet all day and dealing with out of control customers never called in sick and drove 45 mintues everyday to get to work. The money helped me buy everything I wanted for my baby.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I was a teacher during my first pregnancy. I would have been really bored at home, although I did hate having to go out to work those cold winter mornings. But emotionally, it was the best because I was surrounded by supportive people at work. Better to save up money while you don't have to take care of the baby after he/she's born. I'm planning on going back to my first career for a year (it pays better) so I can save up for my next baby.
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 11:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008