Anyone know of any good breast feeding websites?

We are due with our son on Jan. 17th!! We are started to get really excited with it coming so close! BUT I plan on breast feeding this little guy until hopefully a year! I had the hardest time with breast feeding our Daughter I think partially because I thought that it was going to be really easy. For Moms that nurse, you know that it is def. a lot of work and very time consuming for Mom to nurse baby!! Now that I know what to expect the second time around I'd like to have a good support system! I'd like to find a website maybe with other Moms that is a good support system for nursing! If you know of any please pass them my way!! Thanks :) :)

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• La Leche League
    Kellymom
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 8:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It's not much, but I do have an article about How to Find Free Help in Breastfeeding Your Baby

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• And there is a breastfeeding group here that would provide a lot of support too. Look under groups. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• www.kellymom.com.

Attending LLL meetings is a good idea. Start now!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 9:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• GO JOIN LLL group NOW that is the best support you can get

read the breast feeding chapters (last 3) on Natural Childbirth the Bradley way by McClutcheon (sp?)

and you are wrong about bfding being difficult and time consuming that is only if you dont know what youre doing --after 6 weeks bfing is WAY WAY WAY easier for you and your baby and I"ve been there both sides
    last advice DO NOT ask you Dr or any hospital staff for advice UNLESS they are LLL members themselves cause they dont know and they are being paid to getthe most out of your insurance company which is not always whats best for you
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Kellymom.com
    The Breastfeeding Moms group here
    La Leche League (LLLI.org) and find your local chapter, attend the meetings!
    The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (book)
    So That's What They're For (book)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Oh, and with LLL, there is a membership fee, but you DO NOT need to be a member to attend meetings, speak to a leader, or get help.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I agree with everything the other ladies said. Join the breastfeeding moms group here and find a breastfeeding support group in your area.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 4:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010