my daughter keeps sratching her hair whenever she does her homework and now her hair is falling off

Ros941

Asked by Ros941 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Talk to her about how she is feeling. Get her help if she needs it. This could be signs of a very stressful situation.
    Anonymous

• Maybe she's not understanding it.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 8:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It could be stress from the homework or a nervous reaction. See if she needs help or is feeling like she can't keep up.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My daughter did that. I told her to stop or her hair would break and she didn't believe me. The hairdresser told her that she would have a bald spot and she finally quit. I do it too. It is a nervous habit.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sounds like stress to me. Why not do homework together and make it fun. I help my 10 yr old everyday and if he doesn't need help I still sit with him in case he has questions. So make a homework date with her if possible or tutoring.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2010