In your opinion...

Is someone who overcomes an addiction,bad relationship,fall from grace better than someone who never did any of that stuff in the 1st place?
Are you stronger by overcoming,or by resisting the urges?
It seems we put more emphasis on people who go to rehab etc,than those who never get into trouble to begin with.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• i would think you're stronger by resisting. there are so many things out there that look pleasing to the eyes, but in reality they're not. but i guess it really depends on the person...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• not better but just different and they are personally stronger but there can be other things that make a non addicted/sobered person stronger as well
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 8:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I've had my bumps & bruises in life, I'm 52 and have never done anything bad, but have definetly made mistakes that at times I wish I could have a do-over. Does this make me better, no, just experienced and more qualified.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Not better, just more able to help those that are going though it.
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 8:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Aren't we all prodigal sons/daughters sometime in our life? He loves us enough to offer forgiveness, its easy to point fingers at other people that say they believe, instead of pointing fingers at them, we should be pointing our fingers to heaven and praying for them and for ourselves. I never pray for anything, I wouldn't want prayed for me. I try very hard to remove the plank from my own eye first.
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Neither.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 8:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2010