just curious?

why do people think that young people are not informed and that someone in there twenties should not vote because they are young? i was reading other questions and comments and realize that people in there fourties think that people my age can not make a decision, i pay taxes just like you i have read the issues online just like you and i am effected by the out come of this election just like you. so what makes my opinion less important than yours. what makes who i voted for wrong and you voted for right? dont we all get the chance to vote because we all have different opinions? and for those of you in your fourties and fifties what happens when your children are twenty? are you going to tell them not to vote?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Who did you vote for and why? If you voted for Obama for change, I would have to say what kind of change are you expecting? In your measily 20 years you have had nothing but good, so why do you want change? Just what are you expecting?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I AGREE. If you pay taxes it is your right to vote. and yes everybody has a right to their opinion. Just b/c you voted for barak or mccain doesn't make you a bad person. I do however think that some ppl are irritated b/c there were a lot of ppl who looked over the issues and voted based on color. I'm not saying everybody did. But you can not say honestly that you don't beleive anybody voted based on color. That includes white or black.
    Mum2_trayNethan

Answer by Mum2_trayNethan at 12:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Good point, I think that the few that are not informed make us look bad. Ya know the ones that vote for one person or another b/c he's on tv more. Ever since I was 16 I always research, I love history and politics b/c I usually feel very passionate and wont to hold up my end of a conversation. Not to mention during the 2000 election (when I was 16) I lived with my grandpa and if you didnt know your stuff you got knocked down off your high horse quickly.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 12:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i am he poster and in my 20 years i have had very little good.. my dad left when i was young and my mother raised my three sisters and i. no pity please. she had a hard time paying for us to go to the doctor, i voted for mccain because i belive in a more socilized healthcare not entirly socialized but i will pay more in taxed to help those that need health care.. i am a nurse so mine is free with work. i did not vote for mccain because he is white and it is not fair to say that young people vote that way. this is all i am asking is why do people assume that young people can not make a decision because i get shit for being young and having an opinion!
    Anonymous

• I really think its not really who you vote for its "why" you voted the way you did. Some older adults may think you voted for Obama because hes "cool" or McCain because of Palin they can't conceive that you would know enough about politics to render judgement on who is right for the position. I believe when you're old enough to vote hopefully you weighed both sides heavily and not because of shallow reasons but because of going with knowledge and moral values of what you believe to be right and true.
    Anonymous

• The young kids today are faced with so much confusion...most of them are from broken homes and little values and direction...they listen to their teachers and believe what they say even it is a lie...they are the most impressionable in our society and some people take advantage of it!
    Anonymous

• hey the poster again.... so if the young are so impressionable and are not able to make decisions then what are you doing t help them.. and fyi "most" young kids do not come from broken families. what defines a broken family?
    Anonymous