Husband - to shop or not to shop

Since our marriage 10 years ago I pick out and buy all my husband's clothes and just hang them up in the closet or put them in the drawer. When he pulls the tags off he says thank you. The girls at work think this is hilarous. My mother did it for my father that way I guess I just thought that's the way it's done. Does your husband shop for his own clothes?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 8:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Omg! My DH loves to shop. He does all the shopping in our house! He buys me cloths and shoes for work or drags me to the mall when there is a sale. He buys all groceries, kids cloths, supplies, presents, everything! I work at a bank and you should have saw the looks I got when I told people at work my new shirt was picked out and bought by hubby! Some people are just better at things in a marriage so why not let them do it?
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• he sometimes does by his own but sometimes he'll ask me to go pick something out for him.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 8:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We get his stuff together mostly. I pick up his undershirts,underwear,and socks only.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• my SO buys all of his own clothes with the exception of a few things i get him for gifts. most of the time we shop together and he'll occasionally ask my input, but he ALWAYS has the last say on his own clothes....i think its hilarious that you buy all of hubby's clothes. i wouldnt even feel comfortable buying all my SO's clothes because eventhough i know what he likes, i would still be worried about what to pick...besides, he likes shopping himself.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes, unfortunately.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 9:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• we go shopping for almost everything together
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2010