Toddlers and Christmas trees...YIKES

Who else has a bare bottom tree? lol This year we have all of the ornaments up at the very top out of reach to my 18 month old and the bottom is completely empty LOL

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Holidays

• I have a completety bare tree at the moment lol getting dd used to it first so far she hasn't done mote than touch the lights then walk away but yes we will have a bare bottom tree too lol
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I bought plastic ornaments for the bottom of our tree. I let my daughter decorate it so she knew that the bottom part was hers and she took/takes very good care of it. This way you do not have to worry about your good ornaments getting broken. Merry Christmas!!! =-)
    ErinsMomma1

Answer by ErinsMomma1 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• just get a circular baby gate to go around the tree, my ex MIL does that ( lived with her when ds was 18 months) and also she has dogs that love to mess up the tree
    joeysmommie07

Answer by joeysmommie07 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yea i'm not really up for spending around $80 on a gate that i'm only going to use for a month.. it had crossed my mind though
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• when my kids were that small we put the tree in a corner of the room and then a couch and chair on either side of it to close it in
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My kids have never really bothered my tree...thisyear the 2 yr old moved a few ornaments but after a few days she seemed to get that we just look after many friendly reminders! LOL My older two are 6 and 7 and fine but I never had alot of issues that others say they have.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My 2 year old is allowed access to the tree. I am just going to keep anything I love and is breakable-dangerous off this year! I love to let her explore new things and the Christmas decorations are no exception.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 7:46 AM on Nov. 28, 2010