breast infection? adult content

When I woke up this morning I was very full they felt like rocks.I nursed and they still hurt afterwords so I pumped but only got like 2 1/2 oz, most of the time when I pump I get like 6 or 7oz. And still they felt so full and sore it felt like there was milk in there that I couldnt pump out. They dont even feel like they let down when I nurse. could they both be clogged? iv been sick for the past two weeks could that be the casue of it? and what do you do to get then to stop hurting???

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Health

• Get hot (not too hot) wash cloth and lay them on your breast should help let down and a ease the pain
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• mine got like that and i had a clogged duct.. try a hot press and keep pumping but call the dr... they told me to stop pumping and it hurt so bad then after they fixed it i couldnt BF anymore and i was sad...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• take a hot bath sound like clogged ducts a fever would be with infected ducts--let baby nurse after about 15 min in the tub but with you in the tub
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• warm compresses, warm shower, the things the other mamas suggested. keep pumping or even try to manually express while in the shower... if it doesn't ease up then i would call the dr.
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I agree it sounds like a clogged duct. I got them a few times. I would get in the shower and let the warm water hit my breasts and massage the nipples until I could work the clog out. It is such a relief when it pops out.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2010