any advice on flying with a 5 month old?

its going to be about a 2 1/2 flight.theres going to be me and 3 other people traveling together with lo.not sure how lo will react

jordanboo

Asked by jordanboo at 9:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Travel

• Bring lots of stuff to occupy her. Thats all I can think of lol. I am not looking forward to bring my 2 1/2 mo old on a plan next month.
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• At take off offer her a bottle or breast to keep her little ears from being bothered by the pressure changes.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• do not put then thru the scanner- request a pat down- a 5 month old has sooo much growing the radiation would be awful-- and you wont even know the consequences for years to come
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I am sure you little one will be fine! I was so worried the first time I flew with my son that he would be the baby that screamed and cried the whole flight. I fed him on take- off and landing and that helped with his ears and I was prepared with a package of earplugs and cookies for the people surrounding us in the event he was awful (which he was not - he slept the whole flight). I thought if I offered them earplugs and cookies they would laugh and it would relieve the tension :) Good luck on your flight.
    Amellor1

Answer by Amellor1 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Valium for you! Dramamine or him!! Seriously though, two and a half hours isn't that bad - try it for 8! And you need something to help with the pressure changes for his ears. My older kids chewed on licorice. I think once I put peanut butter on a binky for a baby.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 1:25 AM on Nov. 28, 2010