Should I be mad or am I wrong?

About three days ago, someone tried to break in, our vehicle was stolen (it is a two wheel thingy that they use here in the caribbean, idk what it is called), and before that I was deathly afraid of someone trying to break in, and they did TRY. Anyways, today is Saturday night, safety is not an option here, you either feel safe by having your own weapon or you are always at risk of someone trying to steal, even on the street they try to steal your cell phone. I was born in this country, but raised in America, and I think that the reason I panick so much about safety is because all of this is new to me. I never had to worry about anyone breaking in and if they did, cops would be there before anything could happen. Well, that is not the case here. So, DH works all day, I am a SAHM (not by choice anymore) and today DH had to drive for a total of about 10 hours to bring his aunt to the airport, so he left about 4 hours earlier than he usually does. Today is SATURDAY. Saturdays we always do something fun at home, we usually eat out, and spend time at home having a few drinks, someone always comes by and what not. So he was going to be gone for most part of the day. I called a friend of mine and asked him to come out with DS and I, since I dont know anyone else with children other than my sisters in law, who come over EVERY SINGLE DAY. Thankfully I went out with friend and his son, we played at the park and then had ice cream, boys played for about three hours and it was nice to get out, chat with diff people, and see what the city is all about during xmas time. 7 oclock comes around, DH´´s cell phone is turned off, as I am leaving for my play date he calls and tells me his phone is shut off but that his father just picked him up, he doesnt know where they are going, or when they will be back. Now ten oclock and DS and I are back home, he called a few mins ago, where his dad took him is like a three hour drive, they just got there, the doesnt know when he will head back, but he will give me a call.. He knows I am DEATHLY AFRAID of being alone at night. During the day I dont mind as much because ppl are always around. I am SOOO mad and SCAREEEEDDDD!!!! SO, I dont know if I am over reacting, as he will tell me I am, or if I am rightfully angry.

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be upset. If he left early for one family member, ok, but there's not need for him to be out half the night too when you do not feel safe.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I would be afraid too. I wish I could offer some comfort. I know you can't stay closed up all the time, but based on your experience, I would be worried and angry.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 9:37 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Or, booby trap your home. Around your windows and doors. But, if you have small kids that won't work. When my hubby was deployed last year there was a rapist running around town. He got a lot of women. I did a lot of thinking about ways to torture a person. Something you should do is always have something near you, even if it's a pen. A pen can be jammed into their throat, or eye, or arm. A screwdriver would be better, but something like that doesn't LOOK like a weapon, but can certainly be used as one. Have them in every room, even the bathrooms, and where you can get it easily.
    I have this nifty key chain thing. It looks like a kitty cat head, but when you put your two fingers through it's eyes, then it's ears become something worse then brass knuckles. I got it from a martial arts instructor. They also told me about the pencil thing.
    As for your hubby, I'd be pissed, too. Totally. I say you are justified in being scared.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i'd be pretty pissed :( sorry girl!
    bri_0110

Answer by bri_0110 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Omg. yeah, the family member to the airport I was totally fine with because I knew he would be back beofre 7, when it gets dark out, but WTF::
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• If safety is really that much of an issue, then he should have made sure to be there tonight. I think you have a good reason to be upset with him, but at this point it won't do much good. Maybe you need to get a big dog for some security?
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 9:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Lol. What I SHOULD get is a gun.
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I'd be upset too

Answer by admckenzie at 10:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I'd be really upset with him, he should be there for you =(
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 10:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• it is now 2 am here ad I have not heard from him., meaning the earliest he will home is five is, considering he calls i the next few mins bc he said he would call when he is leaving t he place to head back here... thankfully my son was tired enough and went to sleep without waitig for him like he usually does.
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2010