I have twin daughters that will be 3 in Sept. and they still wake up in the middle of the night. Help I don't know what to do. I can't really let them cry it out because they don't wake up at the same time and it's not fun when they wake eachother. Help!!!!!

Ethanbaby3

Asked by Ethanbaby3 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not expert at all, my son who's now 5 always woke up and my daughter never did, unless woken by him. What finally worked for us, when he was 3, once he was asleep we'd put a night light on and the hallway light and keep his door partially open. So I think once he woke he could see and he would go back to sleep without screaming. Sometimes we'd get a shout out but we'd take our time going to check and once we did, he'd be fast asleep. Yes we pay more for electricity and still do!
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• If you must go in to check on them - don't say anything, don't make eye contact. Just lay them down, tuck her in, and leave. No drinks, no food, no singing, no rocking.

You might need to go through a couple of nights of hell and let them both cry.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• What do they want when they wake up? If they're hungry, move your dinner time closer to bedtime or give them a small snack before bed. If they just want to be cuddled, don't. Put them back in their beds & maybe sit on the floor next to the bed. My son is almost 2... sometimes when he wakes up at night, I'll put him back in his bed, cover him up & just sit there. I don't touch him or talk to him. He eventually passes back out & I walk out. I think he gets the idea that I'm not going to rock him anymore.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• i have let my 13 month old twins cry it out for the past three nights...they've woken up at the same time a couple times but still go back to sleep pretty quickly. so far, even though i have resisted it for all these months, this cry it out thing seems to be working pretty well, actually. the crying is getting less and less already. i've heard that after about five days all is good, so we'll see! good luck!
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2008