if you are planning to have your children less than 2 years apart....

can you tell me why? im just nosey and wondering...i know some people on here have said they started trying for another baby when their first was only 3 or 4 mos old...what are your resons for wanting your children so close in age??

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• My girls are 16 months apart. I wanted them close because of several reasons - first I want to get my pregnant/nursing/not sleeping years all over with! And I want them going through things close together...they will be one year apart in school. I also want them to be close friends. And I was always told having kids close in age is tough in the beginning but easier in the long run. Oh yeah, and I want them all out of the house at the same time! I don't want one graduating high school and one in elementary. :)
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I didn't plan it but I have 3 kids each a year apart.  My oldest was 6 months and my 2nd was 4 months old when I got pregnant again.  They are 15 months and 13 months apart.  Like I said, I didn't plan it that way but it worked out.  I enjoyed having them close together.  They are 10, 9 and 8 now and I can't imagine having it any other way.  They fight a lot but in the end they are best friends and hang out with all the same kids (they are in 5th, 3rd and 2nd grades).  I know my kids will always have each other to hang out with and they were their own playgroup when they were toddlers.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Because babies are easy when they are 4 mos old and it seems like you could take care of two at that point.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 9:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I'm doing that, But that is easier for me, but I have nanny.
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 9:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• leksis....they are easy at 4 months?? so it gets harder from here? because my DD is 4 mos!! lol crap! haha : )
    mamagee1218

Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• And it is not like there are rules about when you can have kids, as long as your are healthy and have the money to do it.
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 9:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• lol mine are 25 months apart and yes it is easy... theres not as much fighting, no tenson over a new child being here like with my sil wohs kids are 4 years apart.. her oldest is acting out BAD with the baby almsot here... im kinda sad that my now youngest and the next babty will be more than 2 years apart... ill be starting all over with diapers and stuff...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• sounds like you do have the money, Tawny....hope you have love and tenderness too, or at least the Nanny better. ; )
    mamagee1218

Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• we didnt plan to have our last two children so close but its going to happen anyway lol they will be 2yrs apart almost to the day. couldnt have planned that any better if we tried. Im scared to have my kids 2 years apart but i think in the long run it will be easier and im sure they will be close. my 18month old and oldest who is 9 are so far apart it was actually tuff when he was born there was jelousy issues and now that hes big enough to play my 9year old doesnt want a baby around playing with his things go figure. Sometimes i think its best to have them close.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I had my girls 11 months apart and they were both planned. It was rough for a few weeks but, after that it was smooth. I was the only caring for them and my 3 y/o son as hubby was deployed to Iraq. Now we have 5 kids 8, 6, 5, 4, 21months we have never had jealousy issues with the kids and their aLl happy.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2010