What is the Pagan Religion?

My sister asked me what a Pagan is, I really didn't know what to tell her. I looked it up online but I don't think we quite understand it. Could someone please explain to me.

Thank you!!!

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Okay dear, here you go. There is a lot of information here, feel free to ask any questions you have, I'm always happy to answer them. But I don't know of any better way to answer you than to simply point you here, as that's why I wrote the blog in the first place!

What is Pagan?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• There is no such thing as "THE PAGAN RELIGION." Pagan is a blanket term which covers a large number of belief systems. For someone like me who simply claims "Pagan" as my religion the term is used to cover an eclectic or "non-denom" form of Pagan beliefs. Technically Pagan means anything which isn't Abrahamic in nature (Muslim, Jewish or Christian) however belief systems such as Buddhist or other non-Abrahamic faiths also fall outside the realm of what is generally called Pagan...

Hang on one second, I have a blog post which will better answer your question, because the best answer for your question simply won't fit here... My blog however was written in order to answer this very question and will take you through the information much better than I can here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Thank you Sabrina.
    Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Any time honey, if you have any questions feel free to PM me directly. I'm always more than happy to provide answers for those who have genuine questions!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Thank you!!! You are the best!!
    Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2010