my feets are swelling big time after c-section..what should I do?

Ok my leg or feet wasn't swelling at all before the cs, but 2 days after that it looks like a pig feet. What can I do to decrease swelling?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• put them up
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• its due to all the fluid they give by iv befor the c section happen to me lol. Put your feet up whenever you can and keep them elivated at night if possible. it will go away soon promise.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• your feets??????
    Anonymous

• That hapened to me with my third baby---not a C-section--and it took aboutr a week to lose all the retained fluid. Just be patient.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Ahhhh mine did the same thing. It's lame but just keep them up as much as possible and it'll go away. One of the joys of having a c-section.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• this happened after my first baby (no c-section). I drank a lot of water, flexed my feet while they were elevated and tried to walk a little bit every 30-60 minutes while I was awake. It hurt a lot but it went down after about a week.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2010