How will you be Frugal this Christmas?

What type of homemade items will you be creating as gifts? How will you decorate by using Mother Nature's gifts? Cookies and Candies for Teacher's? Do tell I love new and creative ideas!

busybee68

Asked by busybee68 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Sadly, I'm not so good at the homemade, crafty things. But for my husband's business, I am going to try my hand at putting together gift baskets instead of purchasing them. For my out of town relatives, they get one "family" gift usually purchased on line. Like a Hickory Farms basket or a box of candy. For my 15 month old son, we are keeping it simple. Books, puzzles, and I will wrap some new sippy cups and Gerber toddler silverware and let him think they are presents! He may get a toy or game or two, but he already has so much, so there's is no need to go overboard when he won't even remember it. It will be just the three of us, so I will probably make a big breakfast and then a fairly small, but nice dinner.

chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• HA HA HA, we probably won't. If this country's economy continues going down in flames, we'll have fun on the way.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Well I usually buy little gifts for friends and extended family.....not this year, I'm gonna make sure my husband and son are covered and then our family draw name. But that's probably it as far as purchasing gifts.

I'm going to try my hand at making fudge, and other cookies for people instead of buying a bunch of stuff.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 12:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Ummm... my sister and I are being "frugal" not with homemade gifts but instead of buying our regular gifts for each others children we are going to let our children pick out and buy their cousins something at the dollar store instead. One its cheap, 2 the kids have fun picking it out and using their own money, Plus the kids get plenty from their parents and gparents!

And to cut down on toys we have far too many I am doing it a little different for my daughter she is getting swim lessons and I am adding a new bathing suit and goggles to the swim lesson paper to add more fun to the present. I am getting her a punchcard for jump planet and a new pack of socks and some fabric paint (that I already have) and letting her make her special jump planet socks :-), its a fun activity and using the paint on the bottom of the socks makes them so she wont slide all over the place and fall at jump planet!
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• This year will be like all the rest. I'm not going to cut back just because the government can't get their shit together. Not that I spend tons of money every year, but it'll be the usual. Each of my kids will get 5 or 6 gifts along with their stocking. As long as hubby is working, life will be as usual.
    Reener

Answer by Reener at 4:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2008