your wedding dress...

did you cry when you put it on? how did you know it was the one? or did you jsut find one that you "liked" ?

2boysmommy.js

Asked by 2boysmommy.js at 9:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I didn't do the typical go dress shopping. My Mom made my dress. We chose the patterns together. When you've been sewing for a long time you know how a dress will turn out. It was when we were choosing fabric and lace that the "I just knew this was it" moment came for me. We had been looking for weeks and I thought I had found some things I could live with. When I saw the ones I ultimately chose I knew immediately they were IT.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I bought mine the day before my wedding. I put it on and it fit great and looked perfect, exactly what I was looking for. I didn't cry about my dress.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My wedding dress was my step-fathers mothers wedding dress from the 1940's I tried it on and it fit like it was made for me.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My mom made it. No, I didn't cry and it was more of what she wanted than what I did, but it was pretty.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I didn't cry, but I knew it was the one when I put it on. And when my mother saw it, she looked at me and said "that's it."
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 10:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I didn't cry. I didn't really do anything. I loved it, and I knew we could get it altered, so I bought it. I would have loved to try on a dress, and just go "this is it." But..I didn't get that feeling. I just liked it.
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I got married 25 years ago. I was crazy over reading Bride's magazines. I found THE dress that I wanted, a Priscilla of Boston....I knew that I could never afford it. So, I went to one salon, and showed the picture to the consultant and she said I might find a similar one here....and I was browsing and I FOUND IT!!!! It was "last year's" and ON SALE for $350. I couldn't believe it and I still can't. It was the only dress I tried on and I bought it that day.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• No. It was my mom's. I almost cried because it was soooo itchy.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My dress was very non-typical (second wedding). I was browsing on e-bay or Amazon and saw it. I knew it was the one I wanted!! It was a burgundy dtrapless with tulle layered skirting in a fairy cut edges trimmed in satin. When I got it, it fit me perfectly.
    tat2dprincess

Answer by tat2dprincess at 10:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• If my Granny had still been alive at the time I got married, I would've LOVED for her to make mine. She was an awesome seamstress....But I shopped around online and found the style I wanted. When I went dress shopping, I tried on a few that I didn't like, and then the woman helping me brought me my dress. It was the LAST one in that style and it was exactly the size I needed. I "knew" it was the one.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2010