Are you a fan of these? Do you allow your children to watch them? & What faith are you?

Twilight? Harry Potter?? Narnia???

I LOVE Harry Potter, Narnia I could really take or leave & I couldn't stand Twilight, but I would never stop my children from seeing any of them... I know plenty of families who think they are all evil or even "Demonic" in nature... Being a Pagan I don't see things the same way your average person does, but I am always amazed when I hear someone say these movies are evil... So I'm just wondering where everyone stands on these, and why?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I haven't seen any of those. I don't like fantasy movies. I wouldn't care if my kids watched them, although I think they're a little young still. I'm an atheist.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:57 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• DETEST Twilight, books and movies
    LOVE Harry Potter, books and movies
    LOVED Narnia books, not thrilled with the movies but they aren't horrible either. They're Okay.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I'm sort of a fan of the Twilight series. My husband is a fan of Harry Potter. My child likes Narnia.

We are Catholic.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I'm Catholic and I watch all three. I don't see anything wrong with it because I know its Fiction
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• No issues here... I don't believe in God as in the Christian version :) Hope that answers your religion part LOL...Narnia is so far from evil it is almost sad someone thinks of it as such. Love Harry Potter and yep, even Twilight..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We LOVE Harry Potter in this house! My kids don't watch the movies, because they are garbage, but we read the books often. Actually When I was pregnant with my first, my husband read the entire seven Chronicles Of Narnia books to my belly. And when I was pregnant with my second, my husband read books 1-4 of Harry Potter to my belly.

I do not buy into the whole "demonic" nature crap!

My sister was teaching at a catholic school when the third book came out, so she was reading the Harry Potter books to her class. When the school found out, they banned to books from the school entirely. She was not allowed to read them allowed,nor were any of the students allowed to bring the books to school.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I'm a "Twi-Hard". I love the books. The movies, eh. My son is only 4 and a half, The first Narnia, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (?) was on TV and I put it on, but there were only a few parts that really caught his attention. I don't think the Twilight movies or Harry Potter is appropriate for him yet. I'm not religious at all.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• LOVE Harry Potter books and movies (just saw 7 part 1 this afternoon)
    1st Twilight book was decent. The rest were ridiculous and the movies were terrible.
    Haven't read Narnia books, but DD loved them. The movies were good. Amazing graphics.

I don't see any issue with them from a religious standpoint. I even read and encouraged the older kids to read The Golden Compass trilogy. Our world is a big place and I think we should be exposed to as many schools of thought (that aren't mean/spew hatred towards others.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Twilight?
    I let my girls watch it they are 5.5 and almost 3. My 5.5 year old loves twilight. Although I got a magazine the other day that showed Bella and Edward got married and breaking dawn is going to have nudity in it and if it does they wont be watching that one which if they do that it will upset my dd because she loves those movies, but I am not letting her watch someting with nudity in it.

Harry Potter??
    At first I said no since I don't like it, but DH watches it and loves it so my 5.5 year old watches it. My 3 year old doesn't like it though. Daddy and the oldest just went to see the new one sometime this week.

Narnia???
    Not sure what this is.

mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• **
    . She was not allowed to read them allowed,nor were any of the students allowed to bring the books to school.

that should read... She was not allowed to read then aloud...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2010