How much computer time?

My kids (5 and 8) enjoy spending time on the computer. I limit their time to less than 1 hour a day, including educational game sites.

What time guidelines do you use for your kids and what are their ages?

DivaDynamite

Asked by DivaDynamite at 10:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• On the weekends, I have no guidelines. I have tons of homework and bills and cleaning to catch up on so they do whatever they want. I try to get them out for at least an hour a day to a park or such. Most of the day they switch between playing in their room, coloring, and computer.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My granddaughter is 6. If I let her, she'd be on the computer all day. I usually give her one hour.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My kids aren't interested in the computer yet, but we won't limit them when they are. As long as they aren't fighting over it they can spend as much time as they wish in front of it, we have never limited their time with anything - games, tv, computer... And they have never been inactive or anything, so as far as we are concerned they can do as they wish...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I allow my 4 YO up to 45 minutes of game play on the computer each day. I have subscriptions to a few educational game sites.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• An hour a day, but not all at once.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 12:41 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• my son is 8 and can be on for an hour at a time! On the weekends, the 3,4 and 1 year old cnnot use i until age 6!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My 4 year old isn't ready to use a computer......
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:41 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• One hour of screen time (TV and computers) on school nights; two hours on the weekends.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2010