Is there any over the counter anti-inflammatory drug that is not a NSAID?

I'm allergic to NSAIDS. But I have inflammation of a bone.

momofzachjassop

Asked by momofzachjassop at 10:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Health

• Here is a link to Reducing Inflammation the Natural Way.  Maybe you can get some ideas from that.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Check out the link m-avi provided, hopefully you can get some relief. I was going to suggest white willow bark, which is an aspirin like herb.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I *think* Tylenol isn't (acetaminophen) but I'm not positive (it is a different type of drug than Aleve, Advil, Motrin, aspirin).

I'd go to a pharmacy and ask a pharmacist for help in person, They can show you over the counter options in the store or maybe even suggest some prescription things to ask your doctor about.
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 2:15 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Tylenol isn't an anti-inflammatory. It blocks pain but doesn't reduce inflammation.
    You can go to arthritis websites for natural ways to reduce inflammation like using cinnamon and tumeric (and more).

Answer by admckenzie at 8:05 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Acetaminophen is not for use as an anti-inflammatory. NSAID's are a category on their own - NSAID meaning Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug. Are you sure you are allergic to ALL NSAID's or just Ibuprofen, which is the most common OTC NSAID. You could try Naproxin if you haven't already. Or, you can also try a supplement like MSM or the like. Otherwise, ask your doctor or pharmacist for their advice.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 8:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• What is MSM?
    momofzachjassop

Comment by momofzachjassop (original poster) at 8:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• MSM is Methylsulfonylmethane and is quite often coupled with Glucosamine for pain and inflammation associated with joints and bones. You can even get it at Walgreens. It is pricey, but I've used it a time or two and it seems to help. Just be sure to follow the directions on using it and read all precautions. Best of luck and hope you find comfort soon!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Garlic is a natural anti-inflammatory.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• garlic
    mrs.pyle

Answer by mrs.pyle at 3:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I found this on evitamins.com -- Phenocane w/Curcumin & DLPA by OxyLife . I'm going to give this a try. Will let you know if it helps me.
    momofzachjassop

Comment by momofzachjassop (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2010