Is this normal I gave birth on 10/12/10 and now is 11/27/10 still bleeding?

I been bleeding almost 2 months now am so tired of it what can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are clotting and/or cramping....not normal....if it's light/ sometimes brown/ sometimes pink....it's probably okay. If you are clotting/cramping or having bright red bleeding, call the doctor.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• nothing, you will eventually stop. its just going to be really annoying until then. if it gets worse (other then when you actually might be on your period) go into the dr.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yeah, after a baby you can bleed anywhere from 6-8 weeks. It's normal, there's nothing you can do.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Perfectly normal. The doctors usually give an average of 6 weeks for the bleeding to stop, but that's an average. Some women stop just 4 weeks later, others take 8 or 10... I quit bleeding at 6 weeks to the day with both of my boys...

HOWEVER, if you are experiencing heavy bleeding (more than a pad an hour) or large clots, you should call your doctor.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My friend bled for about 7 weeks like she would on a normal period, especially when she urinated. It drove her crazy but her doc said everything was ok and that some women bleed heavier/longer than others. She did tell her that if she was passing really large clots then she should let her, the doc, know. I think she really tapered off around 2 months or so.
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i bled for about 3 weeks with each of mine. but each woman is different.
    mom2my3angels13

Answer by mom2my3angels13 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2010