SwingSets

I want to buy my kids a swingset, so what kind do u think is the best on the terms of durableness/quality by personal experience? Wood, Metal, or plastic?

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• we are buying are kids a wooden one before the summer
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Wood you have to maintain (sand and weatherproof once it starts to splinter). Metal survives every season. Plastic becomes brittle.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• we had a metal one for the kids and it was great but they are quickly outgrown...my kids are 7 and 4 and the 7 year old was almost too big to play on it (almost as long as the slide and we had to wrap the swing around the top bar so his feet didnt hit when he was swinging) we left it to the 4 year old neighbor kid when we moved and plan to build a wooden one this spring.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We all love the wood set dh buildt for my girls last year. It was quite expensive - lumber at that time had come down in price some, but it was still $1000 in lumber, then playset parts were about $400 more. He spent alot of time on that but it is so awesome!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 7:30 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My husband built our sons a wood swingset fort combo 5 years ago--from plans, and it is as sturdy as our home! LOL Have only stained it once, and there are no splinters or cracks, and the equipment is interchangeable as they get older. We've since added a rock wall, real tire swing, and tube slide, so it doesn't look "babyish!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• We have a wood Rainbow brand play scape, the boys love it. Pricey, but I am here to tell ya, you can't kill these things...very durable.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2010