Besides the Presidency, what were some other key issues on the ballot in 2008?

Was anyone concerned with the Senate/House Race?

Was there a local issue on your ballot that you felt strongly about?

Share what's going on in your community and how does the result affect you?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn’t want the magic number of “60” in Washington.
    Locally, our schools had a levy to get all new buildings and it looks like it will pass.. YAY!!!! But only 90% count is in. So hopefully, it will pass. I believe heavily in the schools.
    Also, we were up for a Casino in our state and it is looking like it didn’t pass. I am not sure how I feel about this. It was a hard issue to research. I hope it didn’t pass for the right reasons and not because of commercials that were lies.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I was quite surprised to find 4 propositions on the ballot because I hadn't seen any advertising or circulation about them! I had to read the short little description on the ballot and base my vote off that.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i voted for our incumbent senator, lindsey graham because i like his policies.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Same-Sex Marriage Ammendment was passed in FL (Prop 2) by 60% and I am completely ashamed!! What a dreadful outcome!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• There were no real measures up for vote, just positions. Voted Republican for president and Democrat for governor...personally think it should be that way in ALL elections but, hey, I am just a simple minded conservative lower/middle class American trying to finish raising four boys while being a SAHM looking for a job, so what do I know?
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yes - I voted for a Democrat for the Senate (Mark Warner), although I'm a strong right-wing conservative; and for my man, Frank Wolfe (R), for my Representative. I've had the pleasure of meeting him several times, as I truly care about politics and delve into the issues...unlike many of the voters who vote on party affiliation alone. (Yes, I may still be bitter...) There were no local issues of major importance.

On a final note, us Republicans should try to jump on board with Obama for the good of the country. I have to believe God takes care of our country and that He put Barack into role of the President to bring prosperity, peace, and unity to the US. Please pray for President Obama and for our country (and that Michelle Obama gets a stylist...).
    VAXiDAsh

Answer by VAXiDAsh at 10:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008