Anyone else ever get this feeling...?

Once in awhile, for a few minutes at a time, my heart feels like it is skipping a beat. It seems to only last a few minutes, always goes away, and sometimes dosn't happen for days and days. Its such a wierd feeling and was wondering if anyone else ever gets this! I am about 4 months along.

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I just asked this same question a little over a week ago. I am 23 weeks now and have been experiencing the same thing. Alot of posters told me it could be heart palpitations and is usually nothing to be too concerned about. My appt isn't until the 6th so I havent had a chance to mention it to my OB yet.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Wow, I do all the time!!! I was concerned about it too... I am just 18 weeks. I feel like I catch my breath, and my heart jumps... and sometimes I start to breathe heavily. I don't know the answer, but if you find out, let me know!!!
    MiasMama123

Answer by MiasMama123 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Or, check this out: :)
    http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/updates/Surprise-of-palpitations.shtml
    MiasMama123

Answer by MiasMama123 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes its normal! You have a lot of extra blood pumping around when your pregnant and it can cause palpatations.But it can freak you out if you dont know what it is!
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 11:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2010