What Gender is a Computer?

A SPANISH Teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.

'House' for instance, is feminine: 'la casa.'.......'Pencil,' however, is masculine: 'el lapiz.'

A student asked, 'What gender is a 'computer'?'

Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whethercomputer' should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.

The men's group decided that 'computer' should definitely be of the feminine gender ('la computadora'), because:

1.. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;

2 The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;

3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and

4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

(THIS GETS BETTER!)

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine ('el computador'), because:

1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them ON;

2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;

3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and

4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model...

The women won.

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• oh my goosiness that was GREAT!! :)
    WonderMom2008

Answer by WonderMom2008 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I was just thinking they should be male cause they don't understand what I want them to do and I don't always know how to tell them...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• LOL
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• That's funny. I had a good laugh. Thanks.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• HAAHAAHAAA!! Good one!!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 11:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:52 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• LMAO! I love it!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 28, 2010