To tell or not to tell?

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and I've told most of my family and a few friends but I'm dying to make the announcement on facebook! I've been to two early internal ultrasounds due to spotting at 4-5 weeks and all is well. My last ultrasound showed the baby and it's heart beat at over 160bpm.

I'm in some ways concerned I may jinx myself and I know that it doesn't work like that...but still. Should I just hold off? I have a couple of friends who announced theirs at 4 and 5 weeks and I really want to join in. I am undecided on if it would be better to have support if something (God forbid) did happen or if it would hurt too much to have to tell everyone I lost the baby. But I hate living with "what if's"...

Opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That's really a personal decision..but if a majority of your family and the good friends know then why not.. OR, you could make a cute announcement around Christmas time? You will be very close to the 2nd trimester, which is when a lot of people announce. One of my friends did a really SLY announcement on her FB page on Thanksgiving day.. here it is copied word for word..

I am thankful for supportive family, a great husband, crazy kids, amazing friends, and a so far easy pregnant. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

It also had a u/s picture underneath it! I was so shocked! haha!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I had 3 miscarriages previously and I too had spotting around 5 weeks. I only told my father and my best friend so that I could go to them for support if something did go wrong. From experience, its really hard to have to tell a bunch of people over and over again that you miscarried, so I would hold off untill around 3 months when you are almost out of the danger zone. If it helps you though, I am now almost 4 months along with some spotting here and there and the heartbeat and the ultrasounds are great so far (knock on wood, lol), so your spotting dosnt necessarily mean you are losing it. Ask your doc for an ultrasound around 6 or 7 weeks and they can atleast tell you if theres a heartbeat, DEMAND one if you have to. Keep the faith and Good Luck!!! :)
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I would say tell your friends, etc. in person when you see them- but wait until after the 12 weeks before you make it face book official:) I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well- congratulations!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Wait till you're past the 12 week mark to share your news, that way you're more than likely to be past the miscarriage point.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Thanks, Ctink! That's a really cute idea! I think I'll do that! :D
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I would personally do it now but that's just me. I would rather tell people and have the support if something went wrong than for noone to know my precious baby existed.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:11 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I LOVED going for the shock factor.....when I was ready to tell people, I would wait until someone asked me how I was.....and then I'd answer "Pregnant." LMAO....not usually an answer anyone would expect....I loved watching their face !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I haven't told anyone yet because i am 20 yrs old have no job and live wit my parents plus babydaddy made it clear he doesn't want kids but im only about 6 wks cant wait to go to the doctor but also scared cuz i dont know what i am doing yet
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I agree to wait until at least 12 weeks.
    RyleighsMoM3505

Answer by RyleighsMoM3505 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2010