Emergency or what??

My son and I were in the tub, I was washing my hair with shampoo and when I went under water to rinse it out. My son slipped and hit his lip on the tub. It bled alot at first and I quickly washed up and took him out to look at it better after it stiooed bleeding. theres a little tare but it doesn't look that deep, but then again I'm not an expert? What should I do? How do I clean it out better? He won't let me look at it right and he's running around like nothing happened. I put an ice pack on it. Tylonel or Advil, Maybe?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no, let him be. it something that comes with the territory. if you can you can try to get him to rinse with some salt water, but really thats all.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• He'll be fine, his lip might swell a little so icepack is good. If he's not crying and upset I wouldn't worry about the tylenol, your judgement on that one. I used to keep popscicles for that reason, in case they wouldn't use the icepack, I knew they'd suck on a popscicle :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Definitely not ER material. I can't even tell you how many busted lips we've had in our household just over the past 4 months or so lol If he seems fine and no sore or anything then I would lay off the meds but do try and give him an ice pack if he will have anything to do with it. I agree with Kathy that popsicles are a good idea
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i agree with the other moms...if he playing he sounds like he fine..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• If he is running around as if nothing has happened than he is (most-likely) just fine!!! My son (2) fell and busted his lip open, ironically enough while we were in a doctors office waiting for him to be seen for something totally unrelated. His idiot father was playing with him and doing wheelies with him in the umbrella stroller while we were waiting and our son was not strapped in to the stroller at that point!!!!! I swear the exact moment the doctor (a specialist) walked into the exam room, my son leaped out of the stroller and his mouth hit the steel leg of a nearby table. It was ridiculous!!! I was more worried about his teeth than anything else, took him to the dentist a few days later!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• my oldest did the same thing and it looks worse than it is
    AKmom1974

Answer by AKmom1974 at 7:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2010