would you consider this homeless

I was evicted from my apartment with my son. My sister took us in, but we live in an unfinished basement in a shared room with only three walls and no door. It is more of a small open space. We share the kitchen and the bathroom.
Yes I pay half, but it isn't my home and it is nothing I would want my son to grow up in.
someone referred to me today as homeless.
does my situation count as homeless?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• if you consider where you are living your home, then I wouldn't call you homeless.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't say so, personally. You have a place to sleep every night that isn't outside and isn't a car. I call that a home. It's not ideal, sure, but it's HOME for now.

You'll get back on your feet, mamma :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• No, you are not homeless, you have somewhere to temporarily call home.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't say your situation is homeless. you have family and a place to sleep at night for you and your son. i would consider you lucky to have both of those things. it might not be sugar and spice, but that would be considered alot to some people who truely are living on the streets in the cold and homeless shelters.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 11:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think you would be considered partially homeless. You don't have a place that is yours, but you are not on the streets either. Keep your chin up, things will get better.

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• No
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 11:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• No especially since you pay rent. You pay half to live in the basement?
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I agree with Ati 13.

Keep your spirits up! It's only temporary and you have a roof over your head!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 11:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes, you are homeless. YOu may have a roof over your head, but you do not have a proper home.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• No. You have a place to live that you pay rent for. To me homeless is living in a shelter, on the streets or in your vehicle.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:03 AM on Nov. 28, 2010