How can i tell my family

how may i tell them i am only 19 and preg i dont know how i will ever tell my family whit out the yelling happening and to also tell them i am going to to keep the baby. And i have no help from the dad what should i do?

sweetteart

Asked by sweetteart at 11:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Just tell them, there is really no other way. You are an ADULT and need to show them that. Good luck!! BTW, I was 24 when I got pregnant and had to tell my family and I was scared too. But it all worked out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Well.....I am just going to tell it like it is, you can choose to accept it or not although my intentions are not to insult an anger you in any way. The best , most adult way I can possibly think of to go about this is to simply state things as they are (meaning that, I would suggest using the exact same words you typed here, only say them in person to your family!!!) And if you want to avoid the yelling part (I don't blame you there), say the words as you are about to leave and simply add that you will "not entertain anything but a calm discussion on the issue tomorrow, or whenever you have all calmed down enough to discuss it rationally" !! I would also add that "my mind is made up, so do not attempt to change it" I am simply telling you the facts, whether you choose to accept these facts or not will only determine whether you are present in my child"s life or not".
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• best thing to do is just be upfront with them. they're going to find out anyway. i'll be honest, i was only afraid to tell my dad the 1st time.
    mom2my3angels13

Answer by mom2my3angels13 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Practice, how you want to tell them, all that you do have to tell them. You know as well as anyone else does that there may very well be some yelling but maybe if you keep your voice calm in all that you do say... they might get the hint and if not, just ask for no yelling because it won't change one thing. It won't get anyone anywhere. You need their love, help and understanding. Hmm... I get this feeling that your saying, Yeah, Right. I know, it will probably be a shock to them. Hang in there though girl, you will get through this and you will have a bundle of pure joy to boot. It is sad that the dad will not be in the picture, hopefully that will change!! A beautiful child needs their dad but you can do this.
    Hang tough.
    Best wishes to you and the little one on the way!!
    MomlovesRed

Answer by MomlovesRed at 12:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• thank you guys i will talk to them asap
    sweetteart

Comment by sweetteart (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• 19? yikesss...... you cant control your families reaction (if my daughter got pregnant at 19 i'd pitch a fit, esp if she lived at home and expected me to help)

what you can do is be upfront, honest, and get your butt in gear.... babies arnt cheap nor are they easy
    have a plan, and talk to your family about it..... once your family finally sees that you are being an adult and doing the absolute best for your child things will ease up.. promise.... good luck
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 12:07 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• There isn't a way to tell them without them yelling. Be direct and take their reactions like a grown up. Have a plan to care for the baby and that will help some. They will still be upset but at least you will be doing the responsible thing by having a plan.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 12:34 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• i've already got how i'm going to react if this happen. the only thing i see as a small problem, they will try to go after the baby's daddy. my hubby would either try to kill the boy or talk some sence into being part of the kid's life. i have a feeling that the yelling isn't going to be the fact of you wanting the baby, it's gunna be over the fact that the daddy doesn't want to own up to it.
    one more note, your parents should be proud you want to keep the baby! most people your age would go the easy route and then regret it later. i hope things turn out for the best.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• this not you wanted but it happen yes your parents will be mad and they will scream ,yell call you name
    but stand your ground you shed tear or two but hang in there they love you very much and they want best for you
    and to keep the baby will be hard but in the best choice ,yes they will help if they don't their lost
    but you can do it if you are strong many woman before have done it so can you and good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:40 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It would help to tell them why you think that now is a great time to have a baby, how you plan to support the two of you, and how you plan to finish your education.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2010