tips for fussy babies with gas

I dread feeding my twin girls at night because they strain and cry for an hour or so afterwards... they arnt constipated because their poop comes out normal but I notice afterwards they do fart.... any tips on helping to ease this? I already use similac sensitive tummy formula

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 11:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby gas X. We had to use that for my daughter. I hated feeding her cause I new she would be in pain later that night. I BF her so I cut a bunch of things out of my diet and nothing worked but the gas X. She's now 14 months and is still a little gas machine =)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i used just a dap of baking soda on my LO tounge bfore feeding or after if i forget before it works quicker than tums or pepcid AC..
    if u dont like baking soda u can buy lil tummys it works quicker than mylicon or anyother infant gas drops..
    tho i have been using baking soda for 15yrs for my kids as well as myself..cause we all suffer from acid reflux..an its only .49 cent @ walmart compared to what OTC meds cost...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:57 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Mylicon is a lifesaver. Some moms mix it in with their baby formula, so it prevents it happening after meals. This would be good in your case. Hope I helped! (:
    kay526

Answer by kay526 at 12:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I breastfeed and my daughter does that to. I just hold her and comfort her as much as possible.

trashymom

Answer by trashymom at 4:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• my daughter had terrible gas! i had to put ovol drops in her bottles all the time. Also if you push their legs up towards their bellies and bicyle them, it will help to push the gas out.
    3cutebumz

Answer by 3cutebumz at 4:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My younger 2 had really bad gas problems and the best thing that works AND is better for them (its all natural) is Gripe water. You can get it at a wholefoods store - but I did see that one of my local Walmart and Target finally carries it. It is so much better since it is all natural not synthetic or pharmaceutical. Gripe water works for gas, hiccups, teething, and colic - plus a whole lot more with no side affects! Try it - you will definitely be glad you did!

http://www.mygripewater.com/index.htm
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:27 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Baking soda is NOT recommended in children under 12 yrs old - I wouldn't use it!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2010