Being a new mom....

I love being a new mom, but sometimes I wish it was just me and my husband again. I love my son!!! but it has just been the 2 of us the last 5 years and we had the freedom up and do anything that we wanted when we wanted. I just kind of miss that freedom. Does/has anyone else felt like this? I guess I am just being selfish, or I have cabin fever...lol

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Don't know how old your son is, but if he is a newborn, I advise you to GO, get out! Use an Ergo or sling or something. In restaurants, newborns usually just nod off to the lull of all the talking. Go for walks in the park. Get headphones for the babe and go to movies. It will be harder to go everywhere when he is an older baby/toddler.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• girl, you and I both... ever since the twins were born our relationship has went straight to the back burner
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 11:57 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i feel this way sometimes still... and my oldest will be 10 in january
    mom2my3angels13

Answer by mom2my3angels13 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• do you have a trusting family member or best friend that can watch the baby for a day or two? that helps even if it's months in between the night outs.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• oh and yes i think everyone feels that way at one time or another.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• we all go through this but in the end it is our kids we love and you know you could not live with them
    it is time for you and your hubby to have time togther ,go out let your hair down and have some fun
    we all need to recharge,and yes going out and talking to other adults does help
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:33 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yeah, me too..........some of the time. Finding time for just the 2 of you is hard but a good idea
    Chantalg12

Answer by Chantalg12 at 1:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• That is what I have been talking about with my husband. Trying to find a good time to go out for a date night.
    trashymom

Answer by trashymom at 4:52 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• get out & breathe.
    Valeriieee

Answer by Valeriieee at 9:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You may have a bit of the baby blues, or post partum depression. It wouldn't be a bad idea to talk to your doc/ob about how you're feeling.
    Anonymous