sleeping problems please help

my DD will be 3 in January and not sure what is going on since nothing has changed at all, but she has been not taking very long naps anymore anywhere from a half hour to an hour when they use to be 2.5-3 hours. She didn't have a nap today so i thought she would go to bed and stay asleep nope wrong. Lately she gets up 1-2 times a night. Last night I couldn't get her to go to bed until 1am then she woke up at 730am. I told her she was going back to bed since she didn't go to bed until late, but she wouldn't go back to bed. Bedtime normally is 8 or 830. When my oldest dd has no school they stay up longer. Well tonight she went to bed at about 9 or 930 and had no nap today and now at 12 she is awake again mind you she only had about 6 and a half hours of sleep last night.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• usally the only time this happens is when something changes in their life (death, marriage, separation..). has anything like that happened? if you're really worried, then ask her doctor. my oldest has been having trouble sleeping, so i give her some sleepytime tea. you can try that too. (yes it's really safe for children). sorry thats all i got for right now. hope it helps.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• no nothing like that has happened like I said there has been no change in the home so I don't understand why she is doing this
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• i just thought of one more thing, when my oldest was a baby her cousin when she watched her, would give her a bath. she was getting a bath at three in the afternoon, and the wouldn't sleep all night because of it. try giving her a small bath (no toys), about an hour to thirty minutes before bed. for some reason my girls can't get a bath during the day or they won't sleep at night.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My son pulled this at about the same age..................... No more naps now and a strict bedtime routine. We're still working out the kinks
    Chantalg12

Answer by Chantalg12 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• try doing the same thing every night around bedtime, (bath, read a book, etc.) then tuck her in and the lights out. sometimes if you can get them in a routine then they start getting the hang of it. as for the late night wakes, try making the room dark and not going in and checking on her right away.  Both my sons tend to go back to sleep when they relize no one is coming in to see what they are doing, cause with my 1 yr old if he sees you then he's up and not going back to sleep until you get him out of the crib and he gets a bottle.  hope this helps some

eekenney1980

Answer by eekenney1980 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• my dd also stopped naps. I pput her to bed at 8:30 but she usual;y won't fall asleep until 9:30-10p but she'll sleep until 8:30-9a
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2010