Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

How to handle a break-up when you were cheated on and there is a child involved...

Me and my ex have been broken up for 3 months, turns out he was cheating on me. He betrayed me in so many ways, anyhow about a week ago he asked me when it would be proper to introduce his gf to my daughter. I was shocked at how quickly he was moving. I told him that I did not think it was appropriate, I even consulted my therapist and she suggested he wait at least 6 months. However, he went ahead and introduced them anyway I think he is such a jerk. We were together 12 yrs and this summer we agreed that I would work p/t so that i can finish school(had 1 semester left). Before i made this decision w/him I asked if he was sure and he told me that he would always have my back that he was committed to helping me finish school. Fast forward it is now 3 months that he's gone he moved on really quickly and I'm still trying to figure things out financially. I am willing to go through what ever I have to as long as I can make ends meet. I'm so angry with him that I can't spk to him but he is so proud and does not want to deal with me that we can't even parent our daughter together. How can I handle things with him while I am still filled with anger?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • Goodbyes are never easy especially when you have a kid together. What you need to do is get custody/visitation/child support all set up. It may seem harsh bt trust me u need to do it now instead of waiting®retting it. And he doesnt need to introduce every jane cindy& louise to ur child. It will only cause confusion&angst &ur kid dsnt deserve tht. Please take my advice about the child support/visitation/custody. Contact ur local dhs office on how to do so. Im in the middle of a custody battle&i wish i wldve done that a LOONG time ago. Hope everythng works out for you feel free to msg me if u need to talk!

    Answer by WonderMom2008 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • You've only been separated for 3 months, and that's not long enough to deal with all your issues that you have with him. He needs to step back for a while and let you and your child adjust to all the things that have happened. You didn't say how old your child is, but it's going to take them longer to get adjusted to the idea that her daddy has a GF. He should consider that too. But he is moving too fast.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 1:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • He is a asshole hun. I am sorry you must hurt. Keep going to counciling and listen. Let time heal will. Hang in there and use us on CM we will help...promise.

    Answer by rosetoes at 4:03 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • I can't handle things when angry so work through the anger then handle things with him

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.