For the first time in the history of the world...we are going to do Christmas brunch at my house.

I want dishes that are easily assemble-able the day (or two or three) in advance.. have got a little bit of a wow factor...and wait till you hear the dietary restrictions...this is great.
One won't eat pork.
One won't eat garlic.
One won't eat meat at all, is constantly on a diet, and pretty much only eats broccoli and turkey.
One won't eat onions.
One side of the family only eats white bread, the other, only wheat.
One has salt/butter restrictions.
One will generally eat anything, but is picky about calories/does not want to over eat.

So obviously, I'll do three or four casserole type dishes, some fruit, a sweet bread, some regular bread, some wheat, (easy enough), Maybe some homemade bagels...

I'm wondering what you do for Christmas brunch at your house? Anything tried and true?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• we usally have a big dinner at the house, i never heard of a brunch. but we sit out fruit and veggie trays, home made cookies, breads mixed nuts, and home made eggnog.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• We do an eggbake, one with ham one without.
    Fresh Fruit and veggies
    Wheat and white bread
    Cinnamon rolls and other sweet breads

That usually covers our families diet resrtictions (a vegan and someone who is gluten intolerant)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:28 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• South Beach egg cups (sometimes they're called mini-quiche). You can make them in advance and even freeze them to reheat if you want. Make a batch now so you can play with different combos of fridge/frozen and reheating to see what works best. This one looks closest to how I make them, but the ingredients aren't set in stone, and I make them with whatever meats/veggies we have on hand. In that way they're just like omelets.  You should be able to do them with just veggies (or just broccoli and turkey) - or do a few different combos so the no garlic person can still have onion, the no onion one gets pork sausage, etc.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:33 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• What a pain in the ass! I DO NOT envy you....you're a braver woman than I. I don't have any suggestions, other than everyone bring their own lunch. I wish you all the best, and may I recommend a lot of WINE!!
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Overnight French Toast
    2 large apples - peeled, cored and sliced
    3 Tbsp butter or margarine
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 cup dry sweetener of your choice
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1 cup apple juice
    1/2 cup plant or animal milk (I use vanilla soy)
    1/2 cup yogurt (I use vanilla)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    4-6 thick slices of day old bread
    In a saucepan, cook the apples in the butter/margarine until they start to soften. Add the cinnamon, dry sweetener, syrup and cook until the apples are nice and soft. Pour into the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan. In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients except bread. Dip the bread into the milk/yogurt mix and layer on top of the apple mix. Pour the remaining milk mixture over the top. Cover and refrigerate.
    In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 F. Uncover the baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes

Answer by rkoloms at 5:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I make a blintz souflee for brunches. It has dairy and orange juice in it. None of the "forbidden" stuff you mentioned.
    We also like to do waffles
    You could also have bagels and cream cheese.
    Lean cuts of deli meats and turkey. Maybe with rye bread so both sides can like it or lump it.
    Fresh fruits and veggies with dips.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2010