how do you stop your exhusband from cutting off your childs hair?

i'm obviously divorced, and as many divorces go, it was an ugly one. most people say that their ex is out to get them.. and i belive the women that state that. mine is one of them. from day one, all i asked was that he leave my sons hair to my attention. he promised, and i thought that was that. well.. 3 horrindous haircuts later, and long arguements, he did it again. and my sons hair is buzzed and butchered off. i dont understand the real point? despite his unreasonable behavior im always going out of my way to make things easier. (he makes 75,000 a year, pays ten dollars in child support) my sons terrified at getting haircuts, and im trying to make it easier on him, so i trim his hair every now and then. but he has a horrible circular cowlick at the top of his head.. its terrible, if the hair is too short it just sticks up everywhere, im at my witts end, how do u stop this behavior?

ChiefJaws

Asked by ChiefJaws at 12:23 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• omg i would freak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know what to say because i would have to just kill him
    maymummy

Answer by maymummy at 12:25 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Get it written into your custody arrangement. It's silly to have to go so far but obviously he can't be reasoned with. Luckily my exhusband and I take turns deciding hair cuts and discuss them before hand.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:27 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Maybe you could make regular standing appointments for your son to get his hair cut by your stylist. Show your husband the appoitnment card and let him see that every 6wks your son will be getting a haircut by someone who can do a good job with it.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• you have to get it in the custody aggreement
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• i honestly didnt think anyone would respond to this question, thank you so much ladies. its been hell.. i think its just the fact that my sons hair is just a lil over his ears, it kinda flips at the ends, and i swear he looks like paul mccartney, lol and i do get it trimmed, granted its a fiasco, but nevertheless, my ex still does this. the first time he was an infant, and my ex cut his hair, he looked like ernie and jim carrey from dumb and dumber. i realize, its just hair, and yeah it grows back, but when do the principals of things set in?
    ChiefJaws

Comment by ChiefJaws (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• can you have a custody aggrement re-written?
    ChiefJaws

Comment by ChiefJaws (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• As long as you both agree it's simple to add things. My ex doesn't work so we added into ours that I would claim our son on my taxes every year. If he doesn't agree then it may be harder and costly to do.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:43 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Are you sure he isn't doing this just to piss you off? (I'm not trying to make you mad or anything, it's just that sometimes, they will try to get to you through the kids). Are you sure he isn't doing it himself? Is he aware that your son is actually afraid of getting a haircut? I bet he is picky on how his hair is too. If he isn't paying but $10 a month child support, what's the point of it? Tell him if he cuts his hair one more time, that you'll come after him with a pair of clippers! LOL!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Unfortunateley you can't. What he does with the kids on his time is his 'right' - using that term lightly. Unless you can prove these haircuts are emotionally damaging to the child there's nothing a court will do. I'm sorry.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 12:52 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• He sounds like he is a control freak...and also that is doing it to control you. I would have your lawyer write him a letter to shake him up a bit. He has no right doing this.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 1:24 AM on Nov. 28, 2010