What do you feel is the most effective way to determine how far in gestation you are?

just what it says.

BeanIrene1

Asked by BeanIrene1 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Um..... go to the dr. Count weeks since your las period.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Do you know when you ovulated? Do you know when your LMP was? Have you had your 8 week ultrasound?
    They said I was 10 days behind where I though I was, based on LMP and ultrasound. But I knew I had ovulated sooner. When DS was born 4 days early, the nurses commented that he looked like he was late, by his long nails and lack of vernix (waxy coat). I knew it! So if you know when you ovulated, I'd go with that date. Remember that ultimately, it's all an estimate, and Baby will come when Baby is ready.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Your last period. That is the best way - and the way the doctors go by.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 12:41 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I knew when I ovulated as well....................... I kept telling everyone My baby was late and no one beleived me until he came (at least 2 weeks late) I would go with your LMP if you dont know.
    Chantalg12

Answer by Chantalg12 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Date of your last period.
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 12:43 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Ovulation is the BEST way but if you don't know that then go by the date of your last mentral period IF you have a 34 day cycle or LESS. If it's longer than that count back 30 days from the date of expected period arrival and use that as your LMP.

The doctor can do an ultra sound but those can be off by up to 2 weeks either side of the estimated date they give you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• The most effective way of determining gestational age is getting an ultrasound, ESPECIALLY if you have really long or irregular cycles.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2010