my boyfriend does not want to work, should i leave him?

sarahismile

Asked by sarahismile at 12:34 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• How does he expect to live then? I doubt most people really WANT to work but we do what we have to do. If he has no ambition then you need to decide if that's o.k. for you.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:35 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• what does he want to do? are you working and is he talking care of the house or are you living with family members because he doesn't want to work? you need to write down the pro's and con's of the relationship. if your working, cleaning house, and taking care of the kids, then yes i would leave him. but if he wants to be a stay at home dad and care for the kids, and the house while you work then i would stay with him. make the list and check it twice then you'll know. good luck.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• please explain is he willing to stay home and care for the kids and home. Or is he on the couch playing Call of duty all kind of hours of the night.
    He is not willing to work he has to do something that benefits your family .
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 12:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yes, he sounds like a lazy good for nothing bum.
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 12:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Do you make enough money to support your family and let him be a stay at home dad?
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:40 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• He will change anytime sooner. Are you willing to work for the both of you?
    Mamitaocupada

Answer by Mamitaocupada at 12:50 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• yes, I would!
    mommy2mason529

Answer by mommy2mason529 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• He will not change. Are you willing to work for both of you and for your future children with him?
    Mamitaocupada

Answer by Mamitaocupada at 12:51 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Sorry about the typo
    Mamitaocupada

• I agree with others if he wants to be a stay at home husband with all the traditional roles that great! But if he wants to be back in jr high with "mom" doing everything he needs a bugle call wake up. And if he's the stay at home I would VERY CLEARLY have an agreement paper or verb of what's to be taken care of cuz nothing sucks more than working all day coming home to clean the kitchen to make dinner and clean the kitchen again. Cuz I know of the men in my family would "forget" if things aren't spelled out completely. In small words. With blue crayons. ( they respond to that best)
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 28, 2010