My husband is complaining and being distant because of the weight I've gained since I've become pregnant... How should I react to this?

My husband and I agreed together to have a baby, but he hasn't been understanding or supportive.

MommyMcGee17

Asked by MommyMcGee17 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband reacted the same way! Assholes aren't they! Ignore him and go on being yourself, he'll come around..If only they could carry a baby to term! One of my 3 wishes!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• With a cast iron skillet to his skull. When he wakes up we could talk about the issue. Mind you if I don't like what he's say I might adjust my swing again
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 12:58 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• WTH...Does is expect you to be a size zero while your carrying another humane being in you. Sorry but he sounds like an idiot! Take care of yourself and that baby......

tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Two questions for you. 1) is the weight for sure the ENTIRE reason for him being distant? 2) how much weight have you gained (you don't have to answer to us, but rather to yourself). If it's not much, then he's just being superficial...not sure how to handle it. If you've gained a lot, then you need to talk to him about what you both can do about it.
    jessicajacobson

Answer by jessicajacobson at 1:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I right there with jessicajacobson with one addition...he's not just being superficial...ALL men are superficial.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Question...Is your husband a supermodel himself? Six pack abs? If not, then tell him that you feel it is rude for him to put you down due to weight issues. You created a human being, his child in your womb. My first husband was verbally abusive to me and also made cracks about my weight. I am happy to report that I've been happily married to my current husband for 17 years and he never once told me I was fat...in fact he told me I was beautiful and that all pregnant women are beautiful.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 1:18 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Many men are uncomfortable about having sex with a baby in there --it gives them the heebie jeebies.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:20 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Have your Doctor explain to him the reasons for the weight gain and that the gain is necessary to insurea healthy pregnancy and baby! If the Dr can't get him to understand than he truly is a MORON!

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:27 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Thank you for all your answers. elyssek832 yours was quite comical, if only it were that easy. haha
    MommyMcGee17

Comment by MommyMcGee17 (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• dont let that worry you. just love yourself start working out try a new looks & you will see that he will start noticing how beutiful you look.
    momytobe111

Answer by momytobe111 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2010