Obama...

Soon after it was announced last night that he was our elected President, people in my neighborhood (several people) went outside with their guns and shot them into the air. The extreme majority of my neighborhood is black. I get that blacks are happy, but is there need for that? I'm sure half the guns that were shot are illegal!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• "May be it was the WHITIES in your 'hood shooting angrily at God" heheh that was just funny lol.

i think what she is trying to say is her neighborhood is ghetto as hell. ghetto can be blac,, white,hispanic, mixed, whatever. and personally i cant stand the ghetto, its nto a black thing.im not racist. if i was racist i would of married a white guy lol. but when you live in low povery area's, unfortunately some ppl are so depressed about their situation instead of bettering it, they turn to drugs and guns and stupid crap. just call the cops. its not a race thing really with that, its just a low poverty area
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Just shows you how stupid people can be.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• thats going on everywhere and its a shame you didnt see that when bush was elected why now
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• lol, it depends on where you live. Gun shots in the air are normal here in Texas. Not saying it's right,it's actually quite stupid, but it happens every New Years, so Obama's winning must have been something to celebrate for those who did that.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 12:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I thought Obama and his supporters were anti gun?
    Anonymous

• I am sure some places would have been doing that if mcain won too. and why does the black thing must always be mentioned
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 12:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• In my neighborhood there was audible cheering from all around and lots of cars honking in celebration. It's a multi ethnic neighborhood. No guns were heard here.
    carolintexas

Answer by carolintexas at 12:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Guns can only be in the hands of criminals with the Obama plan, remember?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• The black thing willbe mentioned for awhile it history.... wat i am getting tired of is people saying stop mentioning hes black...news flash hes half black....much more to hear about it through the years
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 12:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• OBAMA IS BLACK OR HALF BLACK OR WHATEVER....! WHO CARES? THE MAN IS YOUR PRESIDENT, HE IS AN INCREDIBLE STEP UP FROM WHAT WE HAVE HAD! GOD BLESS OBAMA / BIDEN! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 1:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008