evil&devil

how can so many believe in god,go to church,read a bible but not believe that the devil is real or that demons are real?
i ask cause a lady was just over here saying that there is no such thing but she walking around with a bible in her hand talking about how good he is but there is no such thing as the devil cause if he were real someone would have seen him by now

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:10 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree, that is bizarre!! God and the devil are both ideas spoken of in that book. To believe in one, you must believe in the other, especially if you believe and choose to live your life by that book.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• that's funny...... I could say the same thing about this god that people refer to, the specific one talked about in that book!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:16 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Neither exist. It's that simple.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:15 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Do not seek logic in the religions of others. Faith is not a practice (or a property) of rational thinking.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:16 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Because everyone interprets things differently. I don't personally understand how one can consider themselves "bible believers" and then not believe in a Devil, but I'm not a bible believer, so I guess I don't have to. Now, I do believe in God (many many of them in fact) and I do believe in demons (not in the Christian sense however) but I don't have any reason to believe in a devil of any kind... But again, I'm not Christian, so I don't have a need to.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• VERY VERY well said LindaClement.....and so wonderfully true!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:17 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• By neither I meant God and the Devil. Nor do Demons and Angels either.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:18 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• The God of the Bible being the 'good one' is up for debate...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:23 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I don't believe in the devil or evil and I believe in God and read the Bible etc....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Idk, I guess everyone perceives and interprets differently, don't worry about it too much, as long as you're firm in your beliefs (whatever they may be) you should be just peachy :)
    HappyMonkeys

Answer by HappyMonkeys at 1:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2010