i need some study advice ladys! i have a test on thursday

any good study advice is welcome..i have to take an exam in a few days,a 5 chapter book,i have took notes an don't want to over study either hellllpppppppp.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in

• do short bursts of study, twenty minutes at a pop. That's the max your brain can absorb, then take a break, and do some exercise. Jump around, get the blood flowing, do some aerobics, do twenty minutes more.

Set a timer.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:30 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No such thing as over study. Correlate your notes with the material in the book and just study that. Also, a lot of books have review material at the end of the chapter. I've found them to be very helpful.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:30 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I find notecards work best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• write yourself questions that you know is going to be really important that you know is most likely going to be on a test, do not do the multiple choice for yourself! go back after reading the 5 chapters and answer those questions, but make sure you have an answer sheet. lookon the answer sheet of what you have answered and the things you did not get right go back and study those, or have a friend quiz you.
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• On Wednesday, go through the text and your notes in a quiet environment with no distractions --somewhere you find pleasant. Turn the pages slowly and let your mind wander gently... just look at it. Breathe deeply and relax. If you find you run away and get stressed out on some unrelated topic (like the laundry or the colour of your house), turn back a few pages to something you remember seeing recently, and continue.

Eat something fresh and fabulous for dinner, have a bath to relax and go to bed early. Read an unchallenging novel or a magazine until you're tired enough to sleep. Have a good breakfast, high fibre with some kind of protein (16grain toast with peanut butter, or fruit salad and cottage cheese) with a big glass of water and coffee or tea if you like it. Leading up to exam time, drink plenty of water... eat fresh, good food and spend some time relaxing.

If you get curious about something, look it up. No worries.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:41 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• O MY ALL OF U GAVE ME VERY HELPFUL ADVICE! I WILL TAKE A PIECE OF EACH OF YOUR ADVICE AN COMBINE IT! THANK U ALLL SO VERY MUCH! READING THIS EASE MY MINE AN I FEEL I WILL ACE THE EXAM! I WILL KEEP U ALL POSTED..THANKS AGAIN.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You CAN overstudy. I find that scanning over the chapters a few days before hand and then using index cards with the most important topics and info on the day of the test. I study about an hour the day of the test and read over the index cards about 20 minutes before the test. If you don't know the information by the time the test is, you are not going to know it no matter how much you study.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I used to bribe my self when I was studying some thing I couldn't do. Get through so many questions then ice cream.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2010