Did you ever think it would happen?

Love him or hate him....did you ever think you would see a non-white president in your lifetime? Notice I posted this in "just for fun" and not the politics section....that was on purpose!

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 12:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I wish we'd gotten a black woman! Kill two birds with one stone, sorta then. Then we wouldn't have to worry about "history making elections" and that hype. THen people can start being elected for thought content instead of the political statement it would make. OH, who am I kidding, the media will always make a big deal if it's not an old white man running.
    Anonymous

• Sure, it was all just a matter of time.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• All I can say is, "It's about time!"

I thought is was possible, but I didn't think I would witness it in my lifetime.
    Anonymous

• exactly anon!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I figured we'd see a black man before any woman. Unfortunately, history repeats itself.
    Anonymous

• i figured it would happen sooner or later just sad that it's a half black that wasn't born here. it was illegal that he was allowed to run. whats this world coming too when we can't uphold the laws made. i guess it's like that saying promises are made to be broken cause apparently so are the laws.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• since this election i knew it was gonna happen =)
    and good thing you posted it here..ugh to many woman argue and hate in politics section.
    i had to delete my question their
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I dont look at it that way at all. I could care less about "making history" with a black or female president. I only look at their qualifications. Who is going to benefit MOST of America. No one person will ever be happy with the president. I personally am not thrilled, but as an American Citizen I feel it is my duty to stand behind our president wheather or not I like him or agree with him.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yes, I knew we would one day! And it's cool to see it happen. Now if we could just get a woman president!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2008