how do i get rid of severe heartburn from pregnancy?

meleia396

Asked by meleia396 at 1:59 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Health

• I took medicine for acid reflux/ heart burn before I was pregnant and got off of it as soon as I found out I was pregnant and had it SOOOOOOOO BAD during pregnancy. I would drink milk and water and sleep sitting up my entire pregnancy. Ask your dr if they can give you anything, because I know how hard it can be and how it even prevents you from sleeping through the night. Be careful of what you eat, which is hard to tell someone who is pregnant. But just look out for patterns, I no longer drink coffee because I know it hurts my refulx, same with chocolate but I can't say goodbye to that. Take away what hurts you in your diet for future heart burn. I noticed a lot that my heart burn would come when I haven't eaten anything in awhile. If i didn't eat like every 2 hours I felt heart burn coming on, and a light meal would make it go away. Good luck and find a comfy way to sleep sitting up....get a body pillow...they help!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 4:49 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• WHEN I WAS PREGENANT WITH MY SON I USE TO HAVE A ALOT OF HEART BURN AND I DRUNK A CUP OF MILK AND THAT TOOK IT AWAY
    jjbradshaw

Answer by jjbradshaw at 2:34 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• MILK!!! I would drink a glass of chocolate milk& my heartburn was gone. It worked better than the Prilosec I was prescribed.
    WonderMom2008

Answer by WonderMom2008 at 2:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It depends on how bad it is. I had such bad heartburn that I was throwing up everything I ate around the clock. I went through several different medications until we finally found one that worked. I wouldn't recommend meds before trying other methods first - milk does help, diet changes, tums, etc.

Answer by missanc at 8:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Try smaller meals with snacks in between,stay upright,and try Papaya capsules for the heartburn.Congrats on your pregnancy.:) IMO milk made my HB worse.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Papaya enzyme (get one without pineapple)

Answer by rkoloms at 5:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• A teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• ok, go to safefetus.com. that will tell you whats is safe to take during pregnancy. i was on zantac 2xa day and still it wouldn't make it better. so i had to drink lots of milk, take tums or rolaids, and malox. i feel your pain and have been there before!!! i hope this helps.!and keep a flat soda on your nightstand
    armywife117

Answer by armywife117 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• take seltzer
    briannaann

Answer by briannaann at 10:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2010