Is anyone elses 5 year old a bully???

my little girl is the class bully, she is always in trouble, she is in the same class as her sister. what do i do?

1Angeland3Girls

Asked by 1Angeland3Girls at 2:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in

• Is the sister getting too much attention? I didn't think siblings could be in the same class this young. Make sure she is praised for things she does right and that she gets individual attention.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Sounds like she is learning from her (older?) sister... Or someone. I am guessing that there is an example somewhere anyway.
    Are they like this at home, to other children or only to the other 5 year-olds?
    Have you talked with the teacher? Was the teacher who alerted you or did you discover another way?
    Does your daughter have playdates with all classmates?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Not at the moment. My five year old daughter lets me know that she is pushed down, just about everyday and she is one of the biggest in her class. LOL Maybe time out is a way to curb that. Let the teacher know that you want to work on discipline. If time outs do not work, try giving them chores to do around the house. Back yard maintenance, especially if you have pets. You will have to help with it, but it can fun for you. I think that with your supervision and persistence it will pay off.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Work together with the teacher and the school counselor to help your daughter. Make sure she is getting enough positive attention even in these trying times. Lots of times kids go for the negative attention when they do not get enough positive attention. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Her older sister is a wimp and their teacher loves both of them, she just wont take crap from anyone and i guess shes sticking up for herself. She doesnt let anyone ever forget that they hurt her, or annoyed her. A boy annoyed her and she punched him, he tried to annoy her again and she said '' You want me to punch you again? Go away, you annoy me!'' Shes one tough cookie!! Some of the parents have a problem, not the teacher, or the counselor, or the principal.
    1Angeland3Girls

Comment by 1Angeland3Girls (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The teacher thinks shes the cutest thing, but she does get in trouble for punching.
    1Angeland3Girls

Comment by 1Angeland3Girls (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010