is this normal ?

my son 15 months only has 4 teeth and cant really walk is this normal?

yankeegirl87

Asked by yankeegirl87 at 2:11 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• fairly. Every child is different. 15 months is a little late for walking. Try to help him and encourage him as much as you can. I didn't walk until 18 months and there's nothing wrong with me.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:16 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• i try to help him but he gets mad a throws himself on the floor
    yankeegirl87

Comment by yankeegirl87 (original poster) at 2:20 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Let him do things in his own time. He won't be crawling into kindergarten. His teeth will come in when they come in.
    We're always so concerned with milestones, and we don't think about the normal RANGE of when things are supposed to be happening. Some kids are on the later end of that range with some things, but early for others. If your child is consistenly hitting milestones late, you might have cause for concern, but if these are the only ones, I wouldn't worry too much. He will get there when he's ready. Just let him be who he is, and help him enjoy life!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:50 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• what is the rush? everyone is in such a rush for babies to walk. i say don't rush it because all you willbe doing is running around after him. enjoy it while you can. and the teeth will fine he will probably get them really quickly. i would probably go to a pedaric dentist if you are really concerned. or ask him regular ped. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:23 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My son didnt start to walking till he was like 13 months. You should get him one of those toys he can walk behind. So then insted of you walking with him he can do it when he wasnt. My son is only 14 months now and onlt has 4 teeth also, I just recently went to the dentist with him and asked if it was abnormal and she said no that some kids just take extra time.
    shay33069

Answer by shay33069 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• 1st child walked at 12 months but didn't have ANY teeth till 13 months
    2nd got her first tooth at 4 months and now at 13 months has 10 teeth but she can not walk yet.
    Each child is different.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 3:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2010